Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Urusov Analysis - 5.Qxd4 Qe7?!


I have seen a number of statements online to the effect that 1.e4 e5 2.Bc4 Nf6 3.d4 exd4 4.Nf3 Nxe4 5.Qxd4 Qe7?! is the "refutation of the Urusov." Of course, there's really no hope for such a silly looking move, even if it can be a little tricky. After winning a game against it on ICC (where my opponent seemed to play the move quite deliberately), I set about analyzing it a bit and present to you "Refuting 5...Qe7." Special thanks to Max Burkett for his feedback on my analysis here.
I have set about slowly re-analyzing my Urusov material and hope to present a number of pieces in coming weeks and months.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for these Urusov articles! I tried this opening at last months Hamilton quad. My opponent declined the gambit. I won the game.