Friday, January 13, 2006

Round 1 of the KCC Championship

I have posted the crosstable for Round 1 of the 2006 Kenilworth Chess Club Championship online. I lost to Mike Wojcio in a shocking upset (at least shocking and upsetting for me anyway). Mike surprised everyone last year by beating FM Steve Stoyko in Round 2 of the championship, after which Steve went on to win every game. I suppose it is now a tradition that someone must lose to Mike. I hope I can turn it around as well as Steve did last year....

I will be posting annotated games in the coming week, at least before Round 2 is played next Thursday. I hope to use my game against Mike as a chance to think about flaws in my thinking (using some of the ideas from Rowson's Chess for Zebras). At least something good might come out of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Goeller ! Great site !!

What is your chessclib.com handle ?

maye we can talk about Rowson book there !